2007 Blanc de Blancs
Oregon Dijon Clone Chardonnay, Sparkling Wine
Dundee Hills AVA, Willamette Valley, Oregon
2007 Blanc de Blancs Tasting Notes
This is a very sophisticated and pure Blanc des Blancs. Notice aromas of citrus blossom, pear brioche, honey with a modicum of quince paste. The wine smells of creamy texture! The flavor is supple yet fruit juicy centered. The texture is creamy yet balanced on a delightful mineral edge. Fruit flavors of Meyer lemon and Anjou pear are framed with a lovely essence of hibiscus blossom. Penultimate balance abides. The finish is long lasting of pear, honey, and a touch of yeasty coconut.
Wine Scores and Reviews for 2007 Blanc de Blancs
- 2007: Wine Advocate 92 "The 2007 Blanc de Blancs Julia Lee’s Block Knudsen Vineyard was sourced from the oldest parcel of Dijon clones planted in the new world. It is an elegant, racy effort with lovely white fruit, quince, brioche, and mineral flavors that dance on the palate. Enjoy this elegant bubbly over the next 4-5 years. As usual, Argyle’s sparkling wine offerings are among the best made in the USA." - Jay Miller
- 2007: Wine Spectator 90 "Bright and spicy, this is crisp in texture and taut, with ginger and clove overtones to the pear flavors, lingering easily. Drink now." - Harvey Steiman
- 2006: Wine Advocate 92 "The 2006 Blanc de Blancs Knudsen Vineyard is an elegant, racy effort with lovely white fruit, brioche, and mineral flavours that dance on the palate. Enjoy this elegant bubbly over the next 4-5 years." - Jay Miller
- 2006: Wine Spectator 91 "A refined style, playing its creamy, spicy flavors against lively acidity, as fine bubbles enhance the pear and floral flavors. Drink now." - Harvey Steiman
- 2000: Wine Advocate 93
- 2000: Wine Spectator 92 "Elegant, creamy and refined, balancing its delicate citrus and pear flavors against a judicious level of toasted brioche and a fleck of white pepper as the finish lingers gently. Drink now. - HS"
- 1999: Wine Spectator 89 "Peppery, toasty aromas are prevalent in this crisp, mature, distinctive sparkler, the finish lingering well against a fine bead of effervescence. Drink now. 887 cases made. -HS"
- 1998: Wine Spectator 90
- 1997: Wine Spectator 88