2007 Knudsen Vineyard Brut
80% Oregon Pinot Noir, 20% Oregon Chardonnay, Sparkling Wine
Dundee Hills AVA, Willamette Valley, Oregon
2007 Knudsen Vineyard Brut Tasting Notes
This is a seriously good Pinot Noir driven sparkling wine. The aromas foretell a wine of concentration. Look for ripe red apple and yellow plum fruit blended with a hint of grapefruit citrus. The yeast complexity holds toasted baguette, jasmine petal, and subtle spice of coconut, sandalwood, and teak wood aromatics. The texture is rich and viscous. The blend of fruit and yeast autolysis lends the wine a plethora of fun attributes like MacIntosh apple, plum, touch of guava, and zippy grapefruit rind. A creamy texture like coconut cream pie or crème brulee ride on a nice line of minerality. This is not for the faint of heart, part-time sparkling drinker, and the wine will smack down even the biggest red wine Pinot Noir!!
Wine Scores and Reviews for 2007 Knudsen Vineyard Brut
- 2007: Wine Spectator 91 "Crisp and lively, with lots of clove and nutmeg around a gentle bead of lemon curd, finishing with refinement. Drink now." - Harvey Steiman
- 2006: Wine Advocate 92 "The 2006 Brut Knudsen Vineyard is fuller-bodied, mouth-filling, and round. White fruits, minerals, biscuity aromas and flavors lead to a fruit-filled, well-balanced, and lengthy offering that will deliver pleasure over the next 4-5 years." - Jay Miller
- 2006: Wine Spectator 92 "Light, delicate and refined, displaying creamy notes that weave through the pear and tobacco flavors, lingering easily against modest fizz on the open-textured finish. Drink now. 500 cases made." - Harvey Steiman
- 2000: Wine Spectator 91 "Really fine stuff, light, refined and distinctive for its spicy pear and greengage plum flavors, expanding enticingly in the mouth as the finish persists. Drink now. - Harvey Steiman"
- 2000: Wine Advocate 93
- 1999: Wine Spectator 91 "Richer than most sparkling wines, with the vinosity of a domaine-bottled Champagne. Pear, spice and toast flavors mingle effortlessly on the elegant palate, finishing with persistence. Drink now. 886 cases made. - Harvey Steiman"
- 1998: Wine Spectator 91
- 1997: Wine Enthusiast - Best of the Year