2008 Knudsen Vineyard Brut
80% Oregon Pinot Noir, 20% Oregon Chardonnay, Sparkling Wine
Dundee Hills AVA, Willamette Valley, Oregon
2008 Knudsen Vineyard Brut Tasting Notes
Here is a wine that speaks to the duality of richness with elegance. On the nose, you have baked pear tart with hints of vanilla icing sugar, kumquats, and white flowers. What happens on the palette is expansive and mouth-filling with flavors that express Pinot Noir side of sparkling – bosc pear, slightly under-ripe red plum, and Macintosh apple. These fruit flavors are melded with notes of baklava, challah bread, and ginger root and finish on a clean, balanced acid-tinged mineral note. An exceptional example of a single-vineyard grower sparkling wine.
Wine Scores and Reviews for 2008 Knudsen Vineyard Brut
- 2007: Wine Spectator 91 "Crisp and lively, with lots of clove and nutmeg around a gentle bead of lemon curd, finishing with refinement. Drink now." - Harvey Steiman
- 2006: Wine Advocate 92 "The 2006 Brut Knudsen Vineyard is fuller-bodied, mouth-filling, and round. White fruits, minerals, biscuity aromas and flavors lead to a fruit-filled, well-balanced, and lengthy offering that will deliver pleasure over the next 4-5 years." - Jay Miller
- 2006: Wine Spectator 92 "Light, delicate and refined, displaying creamy notes that weave through the pear and tobacco flavors, lingering easily against modest fizz on the open-textured finish. Drink now. 500 cases made." - Harvey Steiman
- 2000: Wine Spectator 91 "Really fine stuff, light, refined and distinctive for its spicy pear and greengage plum flavors, expanding enticingly in the mouth as the finish persists. Drink now. - Harvey Steiman"
- 2000: Wine Advocate 93
- 1999: Wine Spectator 91 "Richer than most sparkling wines, with the vinosity of a domaine-bottled Champagne. Pear, spice and toast flavors mingle effortlessly on the elegant palate, finishing with persistence. Drink now. 886 cases made. - Harvey Steiman"
- 1998: Wine Spectator 91
- 1997: Wine Enthusiast - Best of the Year