2008 Reserve Pinot Noir 375ml
Oregon Pinot Noir
Willamette Valley AVA, Willamette Valley, Oregon
2008 Reserve Pinot Noir 375ml Tasting Notes
This wine just sings classic Oregon Pinot Noir with delicate floral notes melding with ripe cherry and raspberry wrapped in a light robe of baking spices. The wine has a rich hued Burgundy color with a sparkling brilliance and great clarity. The wine opens with bright, clean flavors of black cherry and forest berries. The palate adds complexities of clove and nutmeg oak spice and hints of earthy tertiary flavors coming through. The long, elegant finish is complimented by Argyle's signature silky tannins. This is a wine that begs to be drunk now, but with self-control will pay the dividends of complexity and greater depth with aging.
Wine Scores and Reviews for 2008 Reserve Pinot Noir 375ml
- 2008: Wine Advocate 91 "The 2008 Reserve Pinot Noir is darker in color with aromas of violets, incense, cinnamon, black cherry, and black raspberry. Richer and more structure... it will evolve for 2-3 years and offer prime drinking from 2012 to 2020." - Jay Miller
- 2008: Wine Spectator 91 "This fragrant red offers raspberry, rose petal and white pepper aromas, following through on the open-textured palate and lingering well against lightly sandy tannins. Drink now through 2018." - Harvey Steiman
- 2007: Wine Advocate 91 "The 2007 Pinot Noir Reserve is a juicy, rich, succulent effort that manages to retain a sense of elegance because of its moderate alcohol and silky texture. It can be enjoyed now but should provide pleasure for a decade. -JM"
- 2007: Wine Spectator 90 "Light and silky, with a light burr of tannins under the pretty raspberry and red cherry flavors, lingering against a floral note on the finish. Drink now through 2012. -HS"
- 2006: Wine Advocate 92
- 2006: Wine Spectator 92 "Lithe and open-textured, with a welcome transparency to the blackberry, currant and plum fruit and the shadings of star anise and black pepper. The finish sails on with minimal impediment from tannins. Drink now through 2014. -HS"
- 2006: International Wine Cellar 88+ "Light red color. Pungent cherry and dried rose aromas offer good clarity, along with a gentle smoky undertone. Round, sappy flavors of cherry preserves and baking spices, with firm tannins adding grip. There's nothing loose about this wine, and it really deserves some decanter or cellar time."
- 2005: Wine Advocate 92 "The 2005 Pinot Noir Reserve is sourced from Knudsen Vineyard. The nose features lavender, cinnamon, rose petal, cassis, and raspberry. The wine has vibrant acidity and the structure typical of the 2005 vintage but with more than enough fruit to provide balance."
- 2005: Wine Spectator 91 "Light and fragrant, a welcoming wine with pretty plum and currant fruit at the forefront, hinting at five-spice powder and a meaty note as the finish slides past effortlessly. Drink now through 2015. 4,900 cases made. -HS"