2009 Argyle Brut
59% Oregon Pinot Noir, 41% Oregon Chardonnay, Sparkling Wine
Knudsen Vineyards, Lone Star Vineyard
Willamette Valley AVA, Willamette Valley, Oregon
2009 Argyle Brut Tasting Notes
This Oregon sparkling wine truly brings zest to life! The nose of lemon curd, raw honey, and almond biscotti harkens to the uplifting and refreshing palate to follow. With a fine mousse that buoys one up and flavors of Comice pear, custard, and marzipan that dance across your tongue, one cannot resist a grin as the effervescence slowly fades to a clean, minerally, citrus-toned finish. With the second sip, you’re guaranteed to be in an elevated state. Brut makes you better!
Wine Scores and Reviews for 2009 Argyle Brut
- 2008: Wine Advocate 90 "The 2008 Brut spent 3 years sur lie and received a dosage of 12 g/l. It displays a bouquet of brioche, pear, apple, and white peach. Crisp, balanced, and lengthy, this excellent value is meant for drinking over the next several years. As usual, Argyle’s sparkling wine offerings are among the best made in the USA." - Jay Miller
- 2007: Wine Spectator 90 "Tight, spicy and distinctive for the lemon meringue and spice overtones to green apple and toast flavors." - Harvey Steiman
- 2006: Wine Advocate 91 "The 2006 Brut is a blend of 58% Chardonnay and 42% Pinot Noir. Medium straw-colored, it has a classy nose of mineral, biscuit, apple, and baking spices. Crisp, bright and creamy-textured, this superb sparkling wine begs the question, 'Why buy Champagne?'" - Jay Miller
- 2005: Wine Advocate 92 "Argyle's sparkling wine portfolio begins with the 2005 Brut, composed of 65% Pinot Noir and 35% Chardonnay. Medium straw-colored, this biscuit bubbly has tons of flavor, plenty of minerality and superb length. It is a great value in high class sparkling wine (and that includes Champagne)." - Jay Miller
- 2005: Wine Spectator 90 "Light and creamy, with white pepper and oatmeal nuances to the citrus and pear flavors, lingering on the fine bead of a finish. " - Harvey Steiman
- 2003: Wine Spectator 89 "Toasty, peppery and distinctive for its range of spicy flavors, letting it all ride on a fine bead as the finish persists."
- 2002: Wine Spectator 90 "SMART BUY"
- 2001: Wine Spectator 86 "Crisp, perfumy style has a strong floral and spice character. Finishes tart." - Harvey Steiman