2010 Reserve Pinot Noir
Oregon Pinot Noir
Willamette Valley AVA, Willamette Valley, Oregon
2010 Reserve Pinot Noir Tasting Notes
Aromas in these cool growing seasons are always "leap out of the glass" intense! Look for violets, spiced black cherry, and a hint of blueberry blossom. The black cherry component evolves into red cherry/currant aromas with time in the glass. (That's like discovering the Fountain of Youth for Pinot Noir!). The texture is immediately a surprisingly dense mouthfeel, yet light on it's feet. Pinot noir red fruits abound throughout the palate. There's an amazing balance, where each segment of flavor from beginning, to middle, to the long finish is of equal intensity. This wine tap danced it's way straight into my own personal cellar, indeed!
Wine Scores and Reviews for 2010 Reserve Pinot Noir
- 2009: Wine Advocate 91 "Shows an earthy edge, but the vivid cherry and black tea flavors remain vibrant as they flow against a modest burr of tannins on the long, deftly balanced finish. Drink now through 2017." - Harvey Steiman
- 2008: Wine Advocate 91 "The 2008 Reserve Pinot Noir is darker in color with aromas of violets, incense, cinnamon, black cherry, and black raspberry. Richer and more structure... it will evolve for 2-3 years and offer prime drinking from 2012 to 2020." - Jay Miller
- 2008: Wine Spectator 91 "This fragrant red offers raspberry, rose petal and white pepper aromas, following through on the open-textured palate and lingering well against lightly sandy tannins. Drink now through 2018." - Harvey Steiman
- 2007: Wine Advocate 91 "The 2007 Pinot Noir Reserve is a juicy, rich, succulent effort that manages to retain a sense of elegance because of its moderate alcohol and silky texture. It can be enjoyed now but should provide pleasure for a decade. -JM"
- 2007: Wine Spectator 90 "Light and silky, with a light burr of tannins under the pretty raspberry and red cherry flavors, lingering against a floral note on the finish. Drink now through 2012. -HS"
- 2006: Wine Spectator 92 "Lithe and open-textured, with a welcome transparency to the blackberry, currant and plum fruit and the shadings of star anise and black pepper. The finish sails on with minimal impediment from tannins. Drink now through 2014. -HS"
- 2005: Wine Advocate 92 "The 2005 Pinot Noir Reserve is sourced from Knudsen Vineyard. The nose features lavender, cinnamon, rose petal, cassis, and raspberry. The wine has vibrant acidity and the structure typical of the 2005 vintage but with more than enough fruit to provide balance."
- 2005: Wine Spectator 91 "Light and fragrant, a welcoming wine with pretty plum and currant fruit at the forefront, hinting at five-spice powder and a meaty note as the finish slides past effortlessly. Drink now through 2015. 4,900 cases made. -HS"